Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 16 May 2024 13:12:37 GMT by edward Verrall
I submitted a CGT on a property form and paid monies due [payment cleared 03/05/24]. Completed self-assessment return for 2023/2024 and included section on CGT. Total monies owed included amount owing for CGT. How does the CGT payment become off-set against monies due for self assessment which currently includes amount due for CGT [already paid], or do I amend the self-assessment form to exclude the CGT section?
Posted Tue, 21 May 2024 08:39:51 GMT by HMRC Admin 21
Hi edward Verrall,
You also need to show that the gain has already been reported and paid. this will then determine if you have overpaid the CGT or not. if you have, you can telephone 0300 200 3310 to arrange for a refund as it is not issued from the tax return.
Thank you.
Posted Fri, 31 May 2024 08:22:50 GMT by edward Verrall
Where on the self assessment form [?] do you indicate that the CGT has been reported a paid?
Posted Wed, 05 Jun 2024 08:17:54 GMT by HMRC Admin 21
Hi edward Verrall,
You can download and print a copy of SA108 at Self Assessment tax return forms.  If you are using the online tax return, when tailoring your tax return, tick yes to the capital gains question at the bottom of page 1 of 3.  When you move to the section to complete your return, there will be an option for capital gains.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.