Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 01 Dec 2023 15:22:44 GMT by injuredninja
Due to some confusion with my pension contributions (I thought my scheme were claiming the tax relief but it turns out they weren't) I have amended my 21/22 tax return. This amendment has now given me the tax relief on those contributions and means that I overpaid in 21/22. Am I now OK to class the overpayment for 21/22 as payment on account and offset it from my 22/23 tax return?
Posted Tue, 05 Dec 2023 14:30:19 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

The overpayment from a tax return, can be set against an existing liability, leaving a credit that can be set against a future liability, when the due date arises.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.