Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 12 Jan 2024 16:57:12 GMT by
I did some freelance work for a company who deducted £107 from my invoice for NIC contributions. I have a payslip and P60 confirming this which I presume means HMRC is aware of this payment on my behalf. My question is, how do I ensure that I don't double pay this NIC, canI simply deduct the £107 from my NIC amount? Thanks
Posted Tue, 30 Jan 2024 12:38:03 GMT by HMRC Admin 8
If you normally submit tax returns for your non PAYE income then there is an option within this to add any  class 1 paid.
Or if you were given a contract of employment then this will be processed via your employers payroll.
You can check your NI record online:
Check your National Insurance record 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.