Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 21 Jan 2024 17:08:47 GMT by
There was enough profit made in 21-22 to be able to use the whole of 20-21 losses but I completely forgot to include it. I've had a go at amending the 21-22 form but am not sure how to produce the result where less tax should have been paid during that tax year, since that tax year has come and gone and tax owed (not including previous losses) was paid on 31/01/23. I'm stuck not knowing how to amend, or how to ask about overpaying tax in that year, or bringing it forward to this year since it was supposed to be used on the first year that there was profit.
Posted Wed, 24 Jan 2024 15:22:10 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Melinda McKee,
As you have not stated what type of income that the losses are for, we cannot give you a definitive answer on how to amend your tax return.
Thank you. 
Posted Thu, 25 Jan 2024 07:38:07 GMT by
Hello, sorry and thank you. I am a sole trader.
Posted Wed, 31 Jan 2024 11:57:20 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Melinda McKee,
You will amend the 21/22 tax return at the self employed section.
Look for the box, losses brought forward and set against 22/23 profit.
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.