Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 29 Aug 2023 11:43:37 GMT by
I've received payments from the redundancy payments office for arrears of pay owed, holiday pay accrued and compensation for loss of notice (so no redundancy payments). On my self assessment, do I need to enter those as income separate from my employer (i.e. add a second 'employer')? The payments have been taxed and show up separately in my HMRC account with a separate employer PAYE reference
Posted Mon, 04 Sep 2023 11:11:01 GMT by HMRC Admin 32 Response
Hi,

You can add them as a second employment as they will be recorded separately from the original employment on HMRC records.

Thank you.
Posted Sun, 07 Jul 2024 16:03:52 GMT by MaryVert
Hello, I also have the same question – I did get a redundancy payment which was tax free – do I add the payment from the Insolvency Service as a second employer? And then add the Redundancy payment which is Tax free elsewhere?
Posted Mon, 15 Jul 2024 09:21:52 GMT by HMRC Admin 32 Response
Hi,

You would declare the Insolvency Service payment as a redundancy payment under the other UK income section. For the redundancy you would answer yes to the question on the tailor your return section- Did you receive any other UK income, for example, employment lump sums, share schemes, life insurance gains? This will then open the section to declare the redundancy payment. 

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.