Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 06 May 2024 10:12:42 GMT by Miles25
I paid extra into my company pension plan last tax year. Because I am a higher rate tax payer I wanted to know if you need to wait to complete the self-assesment for the 23-24 tax year or is there a way to notify HMRC to allow them to adjust your tax code so that you get the benefit this tax year.
Posted Tue, 14 May 2024 07:36:10 GMT by HMRC Admin 8
As the payment was made in the 23/24 tax year, you will now need to complete your tax return for any refund.
Should you make any payments in the current tax year, you can telephone 0300 200 3300 to have your code updated.
Thank you.
Posted Tue, 14 May 2024 09:32:06 GMT by Miles25
Thank you @HMRC Admin 8. Miles25

You must be signed in to post in this forum.