Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 11 Aug 2024 17:13:46 GMT by Cols Tax Help
Hello, just need to know. I have a personal pension with Aviva, and I want to set up a pension formself, and the Company to make contributions. Questions are: 1. Do I need to set up any special Ltd Company pension or can I just pay into my existing Personal Pension. 2. Do I need to register a special pension scheme or file anything at HMRC. 3. For the Director (myself), does this mean I have to pay more tax. 4. Are there any financial limits to the amount I can pay in to the pension. So in short, can I just set up a Standing Order from my Company, directory to my personal pension and be able to claim Corporation Tax Relief? I want to do it properly, so your advice would be very much appreciated. Thanks.
Posted Tue, 13 Aug 2024 13:24:02 GMT by HMRC Admin 10 Response
Hi
Generally and from an income tax perspective it is when paying out pensions that they need reported to HMRC not when making contribution unless those contributions are paid via your wages. I believe most of your questions are more for the pension regulator to answer they can be reached with the contact details found here: Contact us
As for corporation tax relief, you would need to check with corporation tax whose contact details can be found here:  Corporation Tax: general enquiries

You must be signed in to post in this forum.