Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 24 Jan 2024 10:20:05 GMT by
Hi. I run a YouTube channel and receive a share of advertising income from Google paid in sterling I understand how to declare the income to HMRC, but have received a form 1042-S from the IRS, which I believe relates to income in a calendar year (it just states '2022' ) and shows the income in $. I presume a copy is sent to HMRC. As the amount on the 1042-S is for a different time period i.e calendar year 'v' tax year, so will not tie in with my UK tax return do I need to make any reference to it?
Posted Fri, 26 Jan 2024 15:24:19 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi EnglishwithLiz,
You could put the details at the comments section of the tax return.
Thank you. 

Posted Fri, 26 Jan 2024 15:28:55 GMT by
Thanks. Good idea, but I have already submitted my return as the amount on the 1042S was actually less than the s/e I received and declared as income.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.