Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 28 Nov 2023 11:02:08 GMT by Michael Pickles
22-23 Tax year I worked fulltime at a hotel and did some paid extras work for some movie productions as self-employed. How do I reflect that in my tax return?
Posted Thu, 30 Nov 2023 12:06:05 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
The full time employment at the hotel, should be entered as employment.  
You should have a P60 or P45 with your pay and tax.  
If the paid extra work as self employed, exceeds £1000, then you would declare this as self employment and tailor your tax return to include self employment.  
If it does not exceed £1000, then you do not need to declare it.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.