Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 22 Apr 2024 20:15:28 GMT by Merkle
My current work place pension, the provider only gets the basic relief for me. As I am on higher wages I need to claim the additional back. When completing the "Paying into registered pension schemes and overseas pension schemes" section, please advise what values I need to put in where (please use my figures). The two options I believe I have are: Payments to registered pension schemes (also known as PPR) where basic rate tax relief will be claimed by your pension provider (called 'relief at source'). Enter the payments and basic rate tax: and Total of any 'one-off' payments to registered pension schemes included in the 'Payments to registered pension schemes where basic rate tax relief will be claimed by your pension provider' box: From my pension summary these are the values: Regular (Net): 2,500 Regular (Gross): 3,125 One off (Net): 7,500 One off (Gross): 9,375 Total (Net): 10,000 Total (Gross): 12,500 Please advise if 1) these two boxes are where I put in values and 2) what the exact numbers, basis above I need to put in where. Thanks
Posted Fri, 26 Apr 2024 07:56:06 GMT by Merkle
Posted Mon, 29 Apr 2024 16:04:57 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

You can see guidance here:

How to fill in your tax return

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.