Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 19 Aug 2023 19:52:13 GMT by IN07
Hello, I’m not UK citizen and moved to UK in August 2022. I.e. I am now UK resident not domiciled in the UK. I have been employed by a UK-based employer since my relocation to UK and my total income from my employment in UK in 2022-2023 tax year is less than 100k GBP. In August-September 2022 I also transferred to UK banks my savings earned before my relocation to UK from abroad (below 50k GBP). From August 2022 to April 2023 (i.e. during my UK residency part of the year) my only income was: 1) within UK - my salary from UK-based employer (which is already taxed per PAYE). 2) foreign income - from renting out my house abroad. This foreign income I never transferred to UK. Do I need to register for Self-Assessment and fill tax return forms to basically report split year treatment, remmittance basis for taxation and as a result 0 extra taxes to be paid? Or I don't need to register for Self Assessment at all?
Posted Tue, 22 Aug 2023 11:19:54 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

If claiming split year treatment and/or remittance basis you need to register for self assessment and
complete the SA109 in addition to any other relevant pages of the tax return  .

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.