Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 23 Jan 2024 09:10:41 GMT by
Hi, I am filling my self assessed tax return for the year of 22-23 and having confusion in providing employment detail. The query is I switched and started new job in Company B from 01-01-2023. My last day at company A was 31-12-2022. Filling my self assessment tax for Year 22-23, in employment section it says provide "Pay from Company B - total from your P45 or P60. Enter the amount before tax taken off". I checked my P60 and it has three figures which are In previous employment(s), In this employment and Total for year. Now I am confused which figures I need to provide in for "Pay from Company B" and "UK tax taken off Company B pay", from P60. Can you please reply and clarify the point as I need to pay before 31-Jan. Note: In previous employment - It shows income of Company A In this employment - It shows income of Company B Total for year - It is a sum of Company A and B incomes. Thanks Thanks
Posted Tue, 30 Jan 2024 10:16:20 GMT by HMRC Admin 8
For company B it would be the pay and tax in that employment. On the P60 this will be pay and tax in this employment. 
Posted Tue, 30 Jan 2024 12:02:46 GMT by
Hi, Thank you for the reply. So what I understand, from P60 I need to provide figures from "In this employment" section not from "Total for the year" (that includes Company A income). correct? Regards
Posted Mon, 05 Feb 2024 15:18:52 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

Yes, that is correct, for each employment it would be the pay and tax for that employment you would declare.

Thank you.
Posted Fri, 16 Feb 2024 09:11:03 GMT by
Hi, Thank you for your reply. I have given income and tax for both company and submitted the return. This also increased the tax amount payment. It would have been a different (less) tax amount if I mentioned only company B income and tax. Now i have submitted and paid. Is there anyway to ask for refund. Thanks Yaseen

You must be signed in to post in this forum.