Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 10 Jan 2024 04:33:21 GMT by
Hi, I thought of doing my SA myself this year because I used to have an agent before but since I have hardly done many work so I might do it myself. I created gateway id but couldn’t access it and now have recently discovered somebody else created a different gov gateway id and my current id does not match with the information hmrc holds about me so I cannot get access online to file for SA. Checked with agent, it is not his id. I am so frustrated at this point because I have spoken to numerous hmrc staffs in SA dept n tax dept but they keep passing me to one another and no one has been able to tell me how do I get rid of the old ? Possible fraud account n carry on with my new one. I am out of the country right now so I can’t even order paper SA. I am so concerned because the deadline is almost here n nobody has given me a solution. Pls help
Posted Wed, 17 Jan 2024 07:44:14 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Bets,
We can send a paper Self Assessment return for you to fill in and send back anywhere in the world.
If we can't quickly resolve your Gateway issues,you can request a return here:
Self Assessment: general enquiries
For progress on your gateway ID issue, please contact our Online Services Helpdesk here:
Technical support with HMRC online services
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.