Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 08 Jul 2024 20:17:31 GMT by Lisa Law
Hello, I am filling my first ever self assessment for earning over £1000 through Studies and Surveys for 2023/2024. I also have a full time job so have filled in these details when asked about my employment on the self assessment form. The form is also asking for all interest earnt from different banks, which I have tallied up to around £2100. My first question is, am I declaring this to be taxed again? As I'm on the Higher Income Tax band, my Personal Savings Allowance is only at £500. Wouldn't I have already paid tax already or will this be coming out through the self assessment form? My second question, for the studies and Surveys I have been earnings which falls both under direct payment to my Paypal and gift vouchers that is received both under GBP and USD -- can I group both earnings under 1 line with the GBP equivalent total?
Posted Mon, 15 Jul 2024 11:17:06 GMT by HMRC Admin 32
Hi,

Interest from banks and building societies is paid without any tax deduction so you are not being taxed twice and it still needs to be included in the calculation. The income from the surveys will all be under 1 turnover figure.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.