Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 20 Aug 2023 00:11:59 GMT by kasiaszklarska
Hello I left the UK on the 26th of March, after 8 years, of which the last two I worked as a self-employed. Since then I have lived and worked in Poland. I have started my full-time job in Poland on the 3rd of April. I am not planning to return to UK for at least a year now. How do I inform HMRC about that? I am currently going through the SA109 form, but I am not sure I am qualifying for the split year treatment, as I have started my new job overseas only three days before the end of the British tax year. Can you please advise what is the best way for me to proceed? Kasia
Posted Thu, 24 Aug 2023 05:39:33 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi kasiaszklarska,
You will note the end date of your self- employment to show that it has ceased.
The SA109 is not required, you will also need to update your address.
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.