Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 13 May 2024 09:14:33 GMT by Annie Baker
I would like to cancel one request of my over paid tax. I made an application on 11th April 2024 for a refund of tax over paid for year end 2024. I couldn't find an email for this and could still see the value in my credit so I made another application last night 12th May 2024 ( I forgot that I had already done it) Is there a way I can cancel the duplicate overpayment request?
Posted Tue, 14 May 2024 10:18:39 GMT by Annie Baker
Does anyone perhaps know the answer to this?
Posted Thu, 16 May 2024 09:20:10 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi w00dhuff22,
If your overpayment was present on PAYE, we can only repay as much as is overpaid.
If your first repayment request has been processed, the second will not be actioned as no more overpayment will be available to repay.
If your credit was present on Self Assessment, and a second repayment request might refund a statement credit that you had been paid to cover a balancing payment.
Please contact us by webchat or phone here:
Self Assessment: general enquiries
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.