Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 20 Jul 2023 07:08:23 GMT by I
1) If I purchase a new phone and computer specifically for my freelance (self-employment) purpose, can I claim them as expenses in my self-assessment tax returns? 2) If I do claim them as expenses, I will lose the £1000 allowance for self-employment income?
Posted Thu, 27 Jul 2023 10:53:22 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi I,
1 - Yes
2 - Yes.  You can only claim the £1000.00 trading income allowance or the expenses incurred, not both.
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.