Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 10 Jan 2024 11:52:10 GMT by
Hi, I am applying for split year treatment. I easily qualify in terms of number of days spent in the UK. After leaving the UK, I had intended to settle in country A. But in practice, I did not do so. Instead, I lived (and worked) in several different countries. In no other country did I technically become tax resident, until the subsequent tax year. The split year area in the self assessment return asks for the country I moved to. I have been advised that it is not permissible to leave it blank, and yet it seems there is no real correct answer here. Should I put country A? Thank you.
Posted Tue, 16 Jan 2024 12:04:32 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Please enter the 3 character code for the last country you were in at 5 April 2023.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.