Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 07 Sep 2023 14:30:48 GMT by Ngoi
Hi, I am a freelance graphic designer and work from home in UK. My client is a Hong Kong company so I received my money in my Hong Kong bank account. I suppose to file my tax return as a sole trader. Do I need to fill the foreign income part in my tax return?
Posted Mon, 18 Sep 2023 10:44:33 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

As you are a sole trader, you will need to declare your freelance work in SA103, self employment and again in SA106.  

If the other country has the right to tax this income, you will also need to declare it in SA106 and claim a foreign tax credit. If tax has been deducted in the other country when it is not taxable in that country, you will need to claim back the tax from that other country.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.