Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 07 Nov 2023 11:49:21 GMT by Moon H
Hi, We (partner and myself) moved to the UK from Hong Kong on 7th Nov 2022. We had our fully owned home in HK till Sep 2022 and lived in the UK in our friend's home since arrival. We then have our house starting from Jul 2023. With regards to Split Year Treatment Case 4, we are wondering if we could fulfill those conditions? In connection to the above, we have no work in the UK (from arrival till 05 Apr 2023), we checked that we do not need to submit the self-assessment. As such, how can we apply the split year arrangement? Thanks in advance.
Posted Wed, 08 Nov 2023 15:16:20 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
To claim split year treatment, requires the completion of a self assessment tax return (SA100).  
Split year treatment is declared on SA109.  
I regret that we cannot advise whether the conditions of test 4 are met or not.  
This is something you will need to do yourself or seek the advice of a finacial advisor.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.