Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 15 Dec 2023 16:12:29 GMT by Rick Chan
For the questions 8 "8. Do you need to pay tax on any of the following?" one of the choose is "Income from outside the UK (includes pensions)" For my situation I arrived in the UK on 6 April 2022 from Hong Kong(BN(O) visa), and live in the UK property rental by my wife since 1 Feb 2022. I would like to clarify whether the following item need to be reported on my self-assessment -Hong Kong Salary paid for annual leave after I arrived in the UK (6 Apr 2022 to 6 Jul 2022) Thank you
Posted Wed, 20 Dec 2023 13:39:32 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

Your employment income was as a result of work undertaken in Hong Kong, while you were resident there. This income is not taxable in the UK.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.