Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 08 Jan 2024 22:21:26 GMT by apouchot Pouchot
During FY22/23, I made pension contributions of £2,613, does this mean I can enter £3,267 (ie. £2,613 divided by 80 multiplied by 100) in the box 'Pay registered and overseas pension schemes 01 - Pension payments'? Note that I am based in Scotland and a higher rate tax payer (41% rate). Also I made the mistake of not claiming tax relief on my pension contributions during the last 2 financial year, ie FY20/21 and FY21/22, which box can I use to rectify the issue? Thanks a lot.
Posted Mon, 15 Jan 2024 14:48:04 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

If tax relief has already been applied, yes.

You cannot claim for previous years on the return and will need to make a separate claim, this will need to be done in writing and send to:

PAYE & Self Assessment,

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.