Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 09 Sep 2023 18:07:37 GMT by YeeUK
Being non-tax resident as working full time overseas and staying less than 90 days in UK. The only UK income being bank interests, -does it need to submit self-assessment? -any threshold on the amount if so? -can do it online or which forms / tax return? Thank you
Posted Mon, 18 Sep 2023 13:21:14 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

As a non UK resident, interest and dividends are treated as 'disregarded income'. This means that it is not subject to tax, but if tax is deducted, it may not be refundable. You would only need to declare the interest / dividends in a Self Assessment Tax Return, if you were claiming a refund of tax paid.  

Have a look at:

Non-residents savings and investment income (Self Assessment helpsheet HS300)

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.