Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 18 Jun 2024 04:20:34 GMT by Wendy Kraus
Hi my husband has been asked to submit a self assessment form for tha past few years. He falls inder no category that requires it and paid paye at souce under the threshold for self assessment. We replied to each letter by recorded delivery stating that he didn’t fall undeer any criteria and received no response. We then received penalty notice and again wrote by recorded delivery. We are mow facing a daily penalty and do not know what to do. This could affect our credit rating. I want to know what you recommend because we are now at yhe point of contactjng a solicitor. I have also downloaded sa370 and will submit but am worried that will also go ignored. Please help.
Posted Fri, 21 Jun 2024 13:09:50 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

We would need to access your husbands record to review to see if the Self Assessment can be closed.

He can contact the Self Assessment team at:

Self Assessment: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.