Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 08 Apr 2023 11:58:33 GMT by Melanie Bucknell
Hi, I transferred my MA to my husband to reduce his tax bill for 2021/22 but his 'tax due' amount didn't take into account the MA. In the past he's received a revised calculation showing a reduced tax payment amount due to the MA transfer which always arrived BEFORE the payment due date (ie 31st January) so he only had to pay what was 'really' due. Unfortunately for 2021/22 he never received a revised calculation so had to pay the full amount requested. There's no 'refund due' shown on his account so assume I his return hasn't been processed yet (it was submitted in December 2022) - thus will he be automatically refunded when it is or should he contact HMRC to get this looked at? Thanks
Posted Tue, 18 Apr 2023 09:06:24 GMT by HMRC Admin 8
You husband will need to contact HMRC self assessment helpline to progress chase an amendement to his tax return.  
The self assessment helpline numbers are: Number: 0300 200 3310, Text Relay: 18001 0300 200 3310, Overseas: +44 161 931 9070 (Open Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm.  
Closed on weekends and bank holidays.
Thank you.
Posted Tue, 18 Apr 2023 09:43:15 GMT by Melanie Bucknell
Posted Tue, 18 Apr 2023 09:43:37 GMT by Melanie Bucknell
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.