Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 19 Sep 2023 21:49:58 GMT by JinQin W
Hello HMRC admin, I applied aboard for NRL scheme in 2021 and received a UTR. Also, I have filed a SA for 2021-2022 and also received a tax bill. In 2023, my family and I moved to UK and I registered personal tax account with gateway ID created with my NI number. The system generated a new UTR for me. My questions are: 1. Which UTR number I should use in 2022-2023 Self assessment for my rental income? 2. Since I should not be UK resident in 2022-2023 Self assessment, I should be still a NRL under NRL scheme. However, I am now living in UK and the address in overseas is no longer valid. To avoid paper returns sending to incorrect address, may I know where I can have my current address updated? Kind regards, 

Name removed admin 
Posted Fri, 29 Sep 2023 08:52:55 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi JinQin W,
Please contact the HMRC helpline on 0300 200 3310 as we will require to access your records to determine the correct UTR.
You should only have one UTR.
We will also be able to update your address when you call.
You can also contact us online via our Webchat Service Self Assessment: general enquiries - GOV.UK ( by clicking on “Ask HMRC online.
Self Assessment: general enquiries
Thank you. 


You must be signed in to post in this forum.