Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 23 Jul 2023 12:48:43 GMT by J Raja
Hi, I have a question regarding my self assessment eligibility. I'm a full time employee and have recently taken on a side project that paid me £600. Do I now need to register for self assessment and fill out a tax return form Or does this come under £1000 income allowance and I don't need to do anything? Any help will me much appreciated. Kind regards
Posted Mon, 24 Jul 2023 17:01:59 GMT by sportyfae
J Raja Was there any link between your employer and this side project?

Posted Tue, 25 Jul 2023 18:16:06 GMT by J Raja
@sportyfae, No, the side project was completely separate from the employment. Although same line of work.
Posted Mon, 31 Jul 2023 13:05:17 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

You won't need to complete the return if the gross income is less than £1,000 and it meets the criteria shown here.

Trading allowance

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.