Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 21 May 2024 10:03:33 GMT by Steve Hope
Hi I withdrew a small pension of £3200 I paid 20% tax the pension company sent me a P45 because I'm a 40% tax payer. Where do I include this on my self assessment form to pay the extra tax Thanks
Posted Fri, 24 May 2024 10:44:52 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Steve Hope,
You would enter this on the paper tax return (SA100) in box 11 (pension) and 12 (tax) of page TR3.
When tailoring your return online, on page 2, tick 'yes' to 'Did you receive any UK pensions, annuities or state benefits'.
This will then allow you to declare your pension.
Thank you. 


You must be signed in to post in this forum.