Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 03 May 2024 17:15:51 GMT by Mary Upritchard
I'm currently completing my self-assessment return. I received 2 small payments from a UK university for lectures that I gave. I used to be employed by them but left there a couple of years ago, so I have no employment contract. The university has already retained the tax for these payments. So where do I add these? I am declaring other self employed income that needs to be taxed, but not sure where to put these payments that have already been taxed? A
Posted Sat, 11 May 2024 15:26:14 GMT by Mary Upritchard
Any ideas anyone?
Posted Sun, 12 May 2024 08:19:47 GMT by BellaBoo
Hi, not a HMRC Admin but if tax was deducted it must've been paid as employment earnings. Were you given a p60 or payslip showing the deductions?
Posted Mon, 13 May 2024 11:19:10 GMT by HMRC Admin 32
Hi Mary,

You would show these under PAYE employment as the tax has already been deducted.

Thank you.
Posted Wed, 15 May 2024 15:43:17 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Mary Upritchard,
Please show as other earned income with tax deducted if this is UK income.
Thank you 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.