Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 23 Jan 2024 22:06:31 GMT by
My husband has two Unique Taxpayer Reference numbers - both received from HMRC via letter in August 2022. Why would HRMC send him two different Unique Taxpayer Reference numbers, and how do we combine them into one, please?
Posted Wed, 31 Jan 2024 09:03:47 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi faye_angharad,
If your husband as 2 UTR numbers for his individual Self Assessment he will need to contact HMRC to review and update to cancel the duplicate record.
Self Assessment: general enquiries
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.