Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 30 Nov 2023 21:49:22 GMT by
Hello, I have a queation about split year. Example: from the 1st of December I go and work in another country, for a new company, and I need to coma back for work in the UK as my new company has business here. Can this be done if I requested the split year back in November? Or if I come back I will have to pay taxes in the UK (in this case double taxes on the salary I receive in the other country)? I found online the SRT tables, and I don't understand whether these apply to individuals working abroad but for a UK company or if they apply to whoever is a resident in the UK and during the year goes abroad to work for another company. Thank you
Posted Mon, 04 Dec 2023 15:25:24 GMT by HMRC Admin 8
You would need to review the residence test to take account of the changes that have occurred.  
This will let you know if split year treatment still applies:
RDR3 Statutory Residence Test
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.