Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 28 Jan 2024 23:23:11 GMT by
Please can you help If uk gross income income is £830 on which 165.80 tax was paid Australian income converted to GBP is £8925 (£1536.88 paid in tax) (Self employed income £1988, expenses £8830) What figure do I put on the box FOREIGN TAX CREDIT RELIEF AGAIST UK INCOME TAX £ TIA - much appreciated if you can help
Posted Wed, 31 Jan 2024 12:50:58 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

You can see below guidance on how to calculate this. Please be aware though, you can only claim Foreign Tax Credit Relief if UK tax is acutally due on the same source of income.

Relief for Foreign Tax Paid 2023 (HS263)

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.