Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 09 Jul 2024 12:55:50 GMT by CMH
My wife submitted her SA six days ago and asked for 10 percent of her tax allowance to be transferred to me. When I now check my SA tax calculation my wife's 10 percent doesn't appear. Checking the relevant notes on my SA (which i haven't submitted yet) it says that for the recipient of a transfer the section should be left 'blank'. I had already selected 'No' and i can't find a way to uncheck 'No' on the form. So my question is, do I need to uncheck the answer that i have selected in order to received my wife's allocation and, if so, how do i do that? If i don't need to clear the field, why am i not seeing my wife's allocation six days after she submitted her form?
Posted Fri, 12 Jul 2024 13:31:51 GMT by CMH
My wife has now received a letter from HMRC confirming that 10% of her allowance has been assigned to me but i am still not seeing it in the calculation on my unsubmitted SA. It must be nine days since she submitted her form, should I be seeing it in my calculation?
Posted Tue, 16 Jul 2024 09:22:37 GMT by HMRC Admin 21
Hi CMH,
As the recipient of the marriage allowance transfer you do not need to enter anything on your Self Assessment. Once you submit your Self Assessment tax return our system will pick up the transfer and your calculation will then be updated.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.