Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 10 Aug 2023 07:03:48 GMT by Matt Legg
Hi I am a UK resident, self-employed, and doing work from home on a computer, for a company based in South Africa. The money is paid into a South African bank account (in ZAR), and then transferred by me to the UK into my GBP account. How do I correctly declare this income? What is the "source" of this income? Would it be considered UK source as that is where the work is done from, or foreign source as the work is done for a foreign company? Regards Matt
Posted Tue, 15 Aug 2023 16:11:30 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
This is foreign income as the payer of the income is abroad .
Tax on foreign income gives details of how to declare this

You must be signed in to post in this forum.