Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 09 Jan 2024 17:08:13 GMT by
I work as a freelance translator in the UK for clients in Spain. Many clients pay my invoices into my Spanish bank account. These payments are not taxed in Spain. [Others pay directly into a UK account] I am trying to declare this foreign income on the Self-Assessment form but I am not clear which type of gain or income I should indicate on page 2/2 of the Foreign income details. Even the miscellaneous 'Any other overseas income and gains' category does not seem to cover my circumstances, if the examples are anything to go by.
Posted Tue, 16 Jan 2024 10:09:53 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

As no foreign tax has been paid, this will be included in the turnover figure for UK self employment.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.