Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 26 Sep 2024 08:44:20 GMT by EJ25
Hi, I just wanted help with a question in the SA. I am full time employed £36k+ pa. I receive UK property income over £1000. But I also have a YouTube channel that generates around £200 income (there will never be any profit as this is a hobby and not profit driven where expenses are in 100s - 1000s). I wanted to ask relating to self employment question "Was your turnover more than £1,000 in total from all self-employments?". Should I answer this as "yes" because my property income + YouTube income is over £1000? Or should I answer this as "no" because property income is not counted as self employment and my "self-employment YouTube income" is less than £1000? I will obviously answer the question "Did you receive income from UK land and/or property (including income from foreign property) over £1,000?" as YES either way. I am only asking to clarify how the £1000 allowable income applies as I was under impression its from any source combined. Thanks
Posted Fri, 04 Oct 2024 12:14:02 GMT by HMRC Admin 32 Response
Hi,
Answer no as the property income is not self employment and then answer yes to the income from property question.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.