Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 19 Dec 2023 21:09:42 GMT by SFbramber
For tax year 2022 to 2023, I have filled my online self-assessment form and about to submit and pay. I would like to send the SA109 by post to claim for split year arrangement. May I know if there is any deadline that I should send the SA109 form by post ? Same as tax payment deadline in end Jan 2024? Thank you so much
Posted Fri, 29 Dec 2023 15:36:55 GMT by HMRC Admin 2
Hi,

If applying for split year, you must do it with the tax return. You  cannot send the return online and then apply.

As HMRC software doesnt support the residence section, you will need to purchase 3rd party software to file the whole return together.

Self Assessment commercial software suppliers

Thank you.
Posted Sat, 30 Dec 2023 10:40:18 GMT by
Hi, Wish all of you have a Happy New Year and prosperous Year 2024! Any reason that the split year application cannot be accepted by by HMRC online self assessment? Will HMRC modify the online self assessment form so that the split year application can be applied via online. Thanks for your kind consideration 
Posted Tue, 09 Jan 2024 13:49:58 GMT by HMRC Admin 32
Hi,

You cannot file the residence section online using HMRC software and will need to purchase 3rd party software.

Self Assessment commercial software suppliers

Please note, the whole return must be submitted together and you cannot send in the SA109 in paper form should you wish to file online.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.