Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 15 Apr 2024 15:50:39 GMT by EVP20
I've filled in my SA Return for 2023-2024; but have yet to submit it. I've a query regarding a 'Higher Rate' entry. The 'Higher Rate' entry indicates a large amount (3-figures) to be taxed; where I'm only over the 40% lower limit by £896. Any observations and assistance would be appreciated.
Posted Wed, 17 Apr 2024 10:07:29 GMT by lisa reek
ISSUING TAX REFUNDS 23/24 Has anyone actually received their refund this year as yet for self assessment?
Posted Wed, 24 Apr 2024 09:11:18 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi EVP20,
We would need to check the calculation to review this.
I would advise to check then entries made are correct and if so submit the tax return.
If you allow 3 working days to process to HMRC records and then contact us we can then review the calculation and if an amendment is needed can be made. 
Thank you. 
Posted Fri, 26 Apr 2024 06:13:26 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi lisa reek,
Refunds claimed will often show as pending briefly, prior to them being issued to and received by your bank account.
If your refund shows as pending for more than 10 working days, it may be undergoing standard security checks, and will be issued to your account when these checks conclude.
For an update on the progress of your refund, contact us by webchat or phone here:
Self Assessment: general enquiries
Thank you 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.