Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 08 Jan 2024 21:14:36 GMT by
It's not clear where to enter untaxed foreign employment income when submitting a tax return online. I've found mention of SA102 and SA106, but the online form doesn't seem to have these numbers? I've requested the foreign income section online, but there are multiple options that might be relevant, but none seem quite right. Possibly it is 'All other income received by a person abroad and any remitted 'ring fenced' foreign income'; it isn't 'Employment, self-employment and other income which you paid foreign tax on' as no tax was paid; but as you don't define remitted, it's hard to tell. Please advise.
Posted Mon, 15 Jan 2024 12:54:22 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

These forms are for paper returns. For online filing you need to tailor you return to suit your sources of income.

As no tax was deducted on the foreign income you will declare this either under employment or self employment if the income is not interest, dividends, pension or rental income.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.