Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 07 Sep 2023 10:53:17 GMT by KW Yau
Hi HMRC Admin, I moved to the UK in Jul 2022 and became a UK resident for the tax year 2022/23. After I moved to the UK, I still worked with my HK employer remotely, and I operated the PAYE with the DCNI scheme on behalf of my HK employer as they don't have a presence in the UK. To report my income in HK (salary, interests, dividends, etc.), I register for self-assessment, but which self-assessment account should I register for? 1. Register for Self Assessment as self-employed Or 2. Register for Self Assessment as not self-employed Thank you
Posted Fri, 15 Sep 2023 12:38:34 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

Please register for Self Assessment. The link below advises how to register as either self employed or not self employed. It is the same page for both.

Register for Self Assessment

Thank you.


You must be signed in to post in this forum.