Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 10 Jan 2024 11:38:13 GMT by
HMRC asked me to submit a Self Assessment return for April 22 - April 23. I do not believe I need to and submitted an online removal request on 22 Dec 2023. In my Govt Gateway account, under the Check progress tab there is confirmation of this removal form submission with a status of Completed. I find this somewhat ambiguous, is the assessment of my request completed or the actual removal? On 9 Jan 2024 I received a full Tax calculation for 22-23, and in my online Personal Tax account home page, under Your returns it says, "You have filed your return for tax year 2022 to 2023". Can I take these instances as confirmation that I DO NOT need to submit a self assessment for 22-23?
Posted Fri, 12 Jan 2024 10:24:16 GMT by
Hi, are you able to respond to this question I posted 2 days ago please? I see my post is one of very few that hasn't had a reply. Thank you
Posted Wed, 17 Jan 2024 08:13:18 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Cubmap99,
From what you've described, your removal form should have now been received and processed, and there's no longer any need for you to file a 22/23  tax return.
If you would like an advisor to review and confirm this, please contact us by webchat or phone here:
Self Assessment: general enquiries
Thank you. 

Posted Wed, 17 Jan 2024 09:39:54 GMT by
Thank you. Yesterday I received confirmation of my removal by post.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.