Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 24 Oct 2023 17:18:27 GMT by
My P60 includes the gross taxable value of RSU awards in "Pay" field. However, the figure shown on my P60 for Tax Deducted does not include the amount withheld by my employer to settle tax due on the RSUs. I found as similar question on the forum but was utterly confused by the suggestion on how to manage this... In the question the suggestion is to: 1. Use the Foreign Income section when tailoring my Self Assessment Tax Return 2. Declare the RSU gross income and tax paid / withholding by my employer - but I am not sure under what part of Foreign Income to include that.... 3.List the amount of tax relief to be claimed as equivalent to the tax paid / withholding by my employer - but I am not sure WHERE to do that either Could I please get some more details on where we should include this information?
Posted Fri, 27 Oct 2023 05:46:40 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Veronica Moschetta,
As the payment is from your employer, the income should be shown in the employment section (SA102)if it is included in your P60:
Self Assessment: Employment (SA102).
You would then claim credit for the Tax in the foreign section under 'Employment, self-employment and other income which you paid foreign tax on' boxes A to F (page F6 of SA106) and a foreign tax credit on box 2 of SA106
Self Assessment: Foreign (SA106)
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.