Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 04 Oct 2023 22:51:51 GMT by
Hi, I have completed my tax return online using my personal tax account, but I need to submit an SA109 to tell HMRC for split-year treatment. Can I send a paper form for the SA109 by post as a supplementary? I appreciate your help.
Posted Mon, 09 Oct 2023 14:05:35 GMT by
Seems that I can get the answer from some previous posts. Thank you anyway.
Posted Tue, 10 Oct 2023 11:14:24 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

The HMRC online version of the tax return, does not support the submission of the SA109 (residence) section or other sections for trusts or partnerships, so to submit an online tax return, you would have to buy a commercial self assessment tax return, that does include this area.  

A list of commercial software suppliers can be found at:

Self Assessment commercial software suppliers

You will be able to submit a paper SA109 to amend your captured tax return, so that you can claim split year treatment. 

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.