Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 07 Dec 2023 16:26:25 GMT by
Hello, I have an EIS investment that failed and i'm struggling to enter the information into my online self assessment tax return so any guidance would be appreciated! The investment amount was £4,300 and I claimed the initial 30% (£1,300) and thus the net investment was £3,000 which then became a total loss, no sale proceeds whatsoever. I'm sure I can claim back an amount but don't know how to! Thank you
Posted Tue, 12 Dec 2023 10:16:14 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Yes you can claim the relief on this.
You will show it as in year losses and you will need to attach a copy of the investment losses to the tax return as evidence to support your claim.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.