Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 22 Dec 2023 12:17:13 GMT by
I am planning to register an LTD company in the UK; I am a citizen of Azerbaijan and have never been to UK. I need the company for processing payments for my online store. The store's customers are mainly from the USA, and the goods are shipped from Azerbaijan. Thus, I won't engage in any business activities in the UK, and I have no employees. Do I need to pay any taxes in the UK if the annual turnover does not exceed £85,000?
Posted Mon, 25 Dec 2023 14:13:18 GMT by
Posted Fri, 05 Jan 2024 10:28:18 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Ali888888888,
If you are based overseas then you will only need to register for VAT if you are making taxable supplies in the UK.
Please see the guidance here:
Working out whether you need to register
Non-established-taxable-persons (NETPs) — basic information
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.