Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 29 Jul 2023 16:29:09 GMT by Roy Wong
I came to the UK via BNO Visa in 10 June 2022. I still have work income in Hong Kong in this tax year(2022-23). If I apply for spilt year treatment and the income tax from 11 June 2022 to 5 April 2023 has been settled in Hong Kong. How should I declare my tax in the UK?
Posted Fri, 04 Aug 2023 09:48:06 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Roy Wong, 
If you qualify for split year then you only report any foreign income for the UK part of the year :
RDRM12000 - Residence: The SRT: Split year treatment: Contents
If you do not qualify then you will need to report all your foreign income to the UK:
Tax on foreign income  
The guidance at RDRM12150 at will help you work out if split year treatment applies. 
Thank you. 



You must be signed in to post in this forum.