Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 21 Nov 2023 18:32:48 GMT by
I'm currently a Sole Trader providing services in one business area and in January I wi be changing to a new venture. If I remember on SA it asks about the business area. How do I mange this in SA or do I need to worry are all my calculations bundled as one (since ST is about me not the business)? Anything else I need to do regarding this change? Thanks
Posted Wed, 22 Nov 2023 13:11:46 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
If the new venture is actually a new trade you will show 2 sources of self employment on your tax return.
If just changing location, you will just update the buisness address.
Posted Wed, 22 Nov 2023 14:03:43 GMT by
Business A was run from home. Business B will be a cafe so I assume I should update to the cafe address. I just don't remember on the self assessment form area to list more than one business...I guess it must have though as sole traders might be running multiple businesses.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.