Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 25 Nov 2023 12:51:59 GMT by Darren Hurst
Hi, I'm employed full-time and just completing a Self Assessment form for the first time, due to the Child Benefit High Income Charge. The guidance asks for your salary before tax (with pension contributions under net pay arrangements deducted). I pay into a workplace pension, so do I need to deduct either the employee or the employer pension contributions from the salary figure on my P60, or have these already been deducted from the amount?
Posted Wed, 29 Nov 2023 09:11:25 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Darren Hurst,
If the pension contributions are deducted before your tax is calculated then you would enter the figure on the P60 as this will already inlcude the pension contributions.
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.