Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 27 Sep 2023 21:37:35 GMT by Oldtim Hmrc
Questions : 1. If Interest from bank account during tax year less than my Personal Saving Allowance (PAS), do I still need to report to HMRC by self assessment or banks will auto inform HMRC? 2. Does Bank money reward, switching bank account incentive count as interest? Need to be taxed? If need to be taxed, how to? 3. I just found I missed to submit eg. £400 from my causal job earning in the last tax year, but I can’t add the £400 to be taxed in HMRC app anymore since the app not allow me to do so. How can I report that amount to HMRC and pay the tax created by that amount for last year?
Posted Tue, 10 Oct 2023 09:06:31 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

If your interest is less than the PSA, you do not have to report it in a Self Assessment (SA) tax return unless you meet one or more of the other SA criteria:

You can find guidance about the cashback award from your bank here:

With regards to casual earnings, you do not have to report self employed income under £1000, the trading allowance threshold, unless you wish to record losses carried forward. You can see guidance here:

Thank you.


You must be signed in to post in this forum.