Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 22 Sep 2023 11:23:08 GMT by ju8689
Hi, I'm contacting you because I'm self-employed registered here in the UK and I'm beeing asked by the Home Office to provide my 'most recent tax year account statement and corresponding HMRC tax return'... No problem for giving them the return, I know what that is. But what about the 'tax year account statement' ? I don't know what they are talking about and how I can have access to it. I have an HMRC personal account, would it be possible for me it to download this document from there? Many thanks
Posted Mon, 02 Oct 2023 10:35:46 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

It would be the tax year overview that they are requesting. You can print this off from your online account. In order to print your Tax Year Overview you should sign in to your online account using Government Gateway credentials, select 'View account' option on self-Assessment home page, select 'Tax years' to go to Tax Year overview page, select year to be viewed from dropdown menu, select 'Go', select 'Print your tax year overview'.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.